Intensive Outpatient Groups (IOP)
Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
In Drexel’s Intensive Outpatient Program, our clients receive services primarily through group therapy, and will meet with the group’s lead counselor one on one weekly. Groups are small and generally don’t exceed 10 people, allowing for a safe environment and more personalized treatment experience. The Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) is designed for people who are struggling with problems associated with addiction, substance use and abuse, or the co-occurring disorders associated with substance use. Eligibility for the IOP is determined by a mandatory clinical/medical assessment, which is conducted at the DCS, Inc., as part of the admissions process. The intensive outpatient treatment program is customized for each person, guided by the initial assessment and follow up.
Many different areas and topics are covered in DCS IOP. Everyone is introduced to the following areas while in the IOP at Drexel Counseling Services, Inc.
- Post-Acute Withdrawal Syndrome
- Relapse Prevention Skills
- How to Manage Urges and Cravings
- Understanding the Brain Chemistry of Addiction
- Progression of the Disease of Addiction
- Introduction To the Twelve Steps
- Surviving Loss and Grief
- Focus On Co-Occurring Disorders and the Effects On Addiction and Recovery
- Family Issues